[REVIEW] Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser

by - 12:13 AM




Hi, lovelies!

I believe I have mentioned a lot of times that cleansing is a very important step in the skin care regime. Whether I have applied any makeup on my face or no, I will still cleanse my face with micellar water every night. This is because you will never know how many dust and dirt have stuck on your face throughout the day! Also, sunscreen is considered as "makeup" because it contains SPF and it is definitely not a skincare.


If the cleaning step is not done well, it will easily lead to blocked pores, blackhead, whitehead, acne, and more.
Therefore, daily cleansing is very important!






Recently, I got my hands on the Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser, which combines the powers of a cleanser and serum. It is a purifying cleanser with a serum-like formula that removes makeup, dirt and oil without drying out the skin. To ensure our skin remain healthy, it is able to soothe the skin and balance the pH level. In fact, it is a gentle hydrating cleanser that is even suitable for sensitive skin.


The key ingredients of the product are Mint Leaf Extract (cool down and soothe irritation), Jojoba Seed Oil (moisturise the skin) and Tea Tree Leaf Extract (contain antibacterial properties that purify the skin). It also contains Pure Mint Extract to extract enlarged pores and removes dead skin cell.





Why is it called the pore purifying serum cleanser? 

This is because it has a dual moisture cell system, which is a combination of water and oil in overlapping layers to remove the makeup and dirt gently, yet effectively. It is able to envelopes the skin in a serum-like formula and keeps your skin hydrated from deep within. 

With the dual moisture system, it prevents the skin from drying out and minimizes enlarged pores, keeping it smooth to the touch. 





I love how minimal the packaging is and the runny clear texture of the cleanser. 
The scent of the cleanser is very pleasant and nothing overpowering, which I am very happy with it.




HOW TO USE


Here is my face with my full makeup, where there are long lasting bb cushion, eyebrow pencil, waterproof eyeliner, mascara and more.

I always hate to remove eye makeup, especially mascara. It is so hard to remove with micellar water and even cleansing oil (I shall not mention what brand is it). LOL.



First, pour a generous amount of the pore purifying serum cleanser on a cotton pad.



Secondly, hold it for 5 seconds.
 I always find it easier to remove my eye makeup this way.



And VIOLA!!

90% of my eye makeup is removed! I am actually pretty impressed! 😍
But one of the cons of using this cleanser is that it stings my eyes so badly. T.T




Left is before removing eye makeup and Right is after removing eye makeup.






Can you see the difference?


You can always use it as a cleanser, where you have to damp your skin before applying a small amount of the product. After that, gently massage the skin for 5-10 seconds rinse it off with water. 


As a makeup remover, I suggest you to soak the cotton pad with the cleanser and wipe the makeup off from your skin. Of course, you can always remove your makeup without using the cotton pad, but it really stings your eyes if it gets in. So using the cotton pad would lessen the tragedy from happening. :) 





From top to bottom: Foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, water eyeliner pencil, waterproof eyeliner, mascara, matte lipstick, lip tint.


After massaging it for 5-10seconds, I can see that 90% of the makeup is removed, except like mascara and some of my eyeliners. After doing this experiment, I feel that the serum cleanser is not that suitable for removing eye makeup because it shouldn't be stinging so much if it got into the eyes and it should be a rather easy task to remove eye makeup.






Verdict

Overall, I think that this Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser is a pretty good makeup remover, besides that it stings my eyes. :(  I love how it is able to melt my makeup and make the removing part so easy. I am not sure if it has minimized my pores, but it definitely didn't dry out my skin. Instead, my skin feel refreshed, soft and clean after using it.

Unlike the cleansing oil, it does not leave oily sensation on my skin. Whenever I use oil-based makeup remover,  I always need to double cleanse to remove the remaining dirt and oil. But this is serum cleanser, thus no double cleanse is needed. (It is already a cleanser, duhh)



That's all about this serum cleanser and I hope you guys find this post helpful.
Thanks for reading. :)

For more info/ to purchase, click HERE.
To read more of the other Althea's Exclusive range of products, click HERE



Love,
CLYL.



You May Also Like

0 comments