5 New Outfits Ideas for Chinese New Year

by - 4:44 AM


Hello, everyone! Wishing you guys a very Happy Chinese New Year. 

Gong Xi Fa Cai! 

I know I am super late for this post because I am posting this after Chap Gor Mei 😅.
Without further a do, let's get started!



- LOOK 1: Floral Blossom -

For me, I feel that you can never run away from floral prints when it comes to Chinese New Year. I am always worried to wear a long dress because I feel that long dress will make me looks even shorter.

In 2018, I have finally stepped out of my comfort zone on getting a long floral dress that I have always wanted! I paired the dress with a white top which made me look cuter (instead of sexy 😆).
I am loving this dress because it is super comfy and I don't have to worry that my tummy will be showing out!












Dress: Ezbuy



- LOOK 2: Pinkish Sweet -

In Chor2, I wore a sweet pink top with ruffles on sleeves. I feel that it is really sweet and suitable for the festive. If you're someone who doesn't like to wear red and still want to look good in front of your grandparents, wear pink then! I know some of the grandmas will say it's pantang to wear black during Chinese New Year 💁.

I paired the top with a white skort, instead of a skirt so that it will be more convenient when you move around/ gamble with your relatives 😄. Now, you don't have to worry and keep finding cushion to cover whenever you sit down. Don't you think that this outfit is super cute and girly?












Top: Padini
Skort: Taobao



- LOOK 3: Elegant Lace -

Here is me, attempting another new look that I have never tried before for Chinese New Year. I always ignore lace clothing, especially dress in lace! Even my sister said that lace will make me look fat. Despite that, I still decided to get it, because never try never know 😛.

Loving the cute ribbons on my arms, which kind of give people a fake illusion that my arms are not fat. LOL. TBH, I love the lace details, which make me very feminine. Also, the unique cutting that is able to show my waistline! I was so happy that I bought it at a very cheap price though 💗.












Dress: Taobao
Bag: Michael Kors



- LOOK 4: Monotone -

Well, when it comes to CNY outfits, most of us will be like: Oh, I must wear red/ pink.
So what if you don't own any red clothes?

It's alright! Because you can always accessorise with something red/pink! For this outift, I tried to pair my black offshoulder top with a simple white skort. For the bag, I chose a small, pink sling bag as I think it goes pretty well with the entire look! I feel that this look would be great for house hoping, as the pink bag might bring some luck ( or more ang pows) when you're gambling with your friends, yet looking stylish and fashionable. 😉












Top: Ezbuy
Skort: Taobao
Bag: Taiwan



- LOOK 5: Ang Ang -

Have you heard of Ang Ang Bo Hai Lang (红红不害人)? It literally means red colour will never bring harm. In this look, I got a red off shoulder dress, with a belt on my waist, so that I won't look so much like a pregnant lady.

I feel that this look is really suitable for those who want to look girly and stand out among your relatives during a family reunion dinner or family gathering 💕. It can be a top if you feel that it is too short or tug in for a more casual look. For me, the top is pretty long for my petite size, so I wore it as a dress, along with a denim shorts underneath, in case someone say anything 😆.









Dress: Thailand
Bag: Taobao


So that's all for this post!
The outfits are not necessarily to be wore during CNY. You can always wear anything you want at anytime. I believe there is no restriction in fashion and everyone should be themselves.
I am just sharing what I wore during CNY and I hope it inspires you to try out more outfit styles like I do 😊.



Love,
CLYL.



You May Also Like

0 comments