Is the FOREO Luna Mini 2 worth the buy?

by - 1:06 AM



Hello, lovelies. I believe a lot of you must not find beauty/ cleansing devices unfamiliar, as there are so many brands and models around the beauty industry. If you are a beauty junky, then you must not miss this! 

When I just got the FOREO Luna Mini 2, I am very excited to use it and share it with you all! I had the opportunity to try the Luna Mini 2 cleansing device over the last 2 weeks and as a result, my skin care routine has been forever changed! Before I jump into the Luna Mini 2 review, I want to share some information about FOREO, the company behind the Luna Mini 2.





FOREO is FOR EveryOne


This FOREO is an innovative cleansing device, as it is using T-Sonic technology (a new approach for both deep and gentle cleansing at the same time) and its silicone ‘nubs’ to give the skin a gentle yet effective cleanse. Unlike actual bristle brushes that spin or vibrate and can actually cause damage to the skin, Foreo's super soft silicone brush vibrates to remove impurities in the pores.

 By channelling transdermal sonic pulsations across the skin’s surface, the Luna Mini will transform the look and feel of the skin within just 3 days. The light vibration, T-Sonic pulsation, is what gives you that deeper clean and reduce the causes of blemishes while massage and smooth your skin to achieve a refined skin's texture and younger looking complexion. It is said that it is more effective than washing your skin by just bare hands, as it is said to remove 98.5% of impurities.




As I have mentioned, the Luna Mini 2 is made from silicone and on each side of it has different bobbly bits size, for two cleansing "zones". The front section is for regular cleansing while the back is for deep cleansing. The different sizes are supposed to do different things to your face as it cleans but to be honest, I always use the front section as it feels more natural holding it that way and it is more gentle. 




The shape of the Luna Mini 2 can help to get into all the nooks and crannies, like around the nose and chin which are a blackhead haven. The tip is for more precision cleaning those areas and when I first used it, it kind of bothers me a little to find the perfect angle.

There is a plus and minus sign on each side of the ON button which you can control the vibration speed. I feel that these are totally useful if you need extra vibration on certain areas, or when you need it to be more gentle on certain days when you have breakouts. 




This is my first time using a beauty cleansing device. I normally use my hand to wash my face and I always thought that it is more than enough, since I double cleanse my skin. Before I start using the Luna Mini 2, I was amazed by how soft the silicone brush is. 

Besides making your skin super clean and soft, here are some of the pros and cons that I have found after using it for more than 3 weeks, everyday



Pros
  • Gentle and Effective. Able to purify the skin in a non-abrasive way.
  • The size of the Luna Mini 2 is perfect for travel, as it fits in the palm of my petite hand.
  • It is a very low maintenance device. It is very easy to clean and it leads to my next points.
  • More affordable as there is no brush-head replacement is needed.
  • More hygienic. This is because the silicone is less likely to build up the bacteria, compared to bristle brush, and it dries up very fast.
  • Fast and easy. All you will need is 1 minute to have your skin deeply cleansed, dividing your face into 4 sections (left and right cheek, nose and forehead). 
  • Innovative. You literally just have to spend 15seconds on each side and it pauses for a split second to remind you to move on another side.
  • Adjustable pulsation intensities to meet your needs depending on your preference - slow down for a gentle cleanse, speed up for a powerful deep clean.
  • 100% Waterproof. It can even safely use it in the shower
  • Low battery usage. 1 full charge allows you to have 300 uses (when used twice a day).
  • More? There are 5 colours available: Petal Pink, Turquoise Blue, Purple, Cool Grey and Magenta, for different skin type.



Cons
  • Buzzing sensation on the hand. It can be a little uncomfortable but I get used to it after a few uses.
  • Not so affordable for students. 





HOW TO USE


It is recommended to use it twice a day, in the morning and evening for a better result. But I am kind of lazy in the morning, so I only use it in the evening. I usually remove my makeup first, before using the device, so that it can really focus on getting the rest of the dirt off my face.




Step 1

Wet your face and put on your usual cleanser on your face. It is recommended to apply gel, cream or foaming cleanser on your face, and not directly on the device.

 This is to prevent the product to sink in between the silicone brush. Also, balm cleanser/ cleanser that has exfoliator beads can clog up the device and it can take you some time to clean it (That was a really bad idea tho).




Step 2

Wet your Luna Mini and turn the button on, before massage it on your face in circular motions. All you will need is 1 minute to have your skin deeply cleansed, dividing your face into 4 sections (left and right cheek, nose and forehead).  It will pause for a split second to remind you to move onto another section of your face. When 3 times short vibrations come, it means the end of the process.

You don't have to push your Foreo too hard on the face. A gentle movement contact with your face is more than enough to have clean skin.




Step 3

Rinse the dirt off using tap water.



Step 4 

Allow it to dry and keep it in the shower or on a shelf without it getting dirty. 

Super easy right?



Here is an experiment that I did with the Luna Mini. On the top picture, I have 2 matte lipsticks, long-lasting foundation, eyeshadow pencil, waterproof eyeliner pencil, liquid eyeliner and eyebrow. 

I applied a pea size of cleanser on each side of my arms and used the Luna Mini on the left while using my bare hand on the right. I set the time to 1 minute and this is the result!

Pretty impressive huh?
The FOREO removed like 99% of my makeup without using any makeup remover! I am totally convinced that it can remove my leftover makeup if I didn't remove it properly. 




Verdict


 I feel like it the Foreo is like a soft exfoliating tool that can help to every last trace of my makeup and dead skin cell without too much of exfoliation. It is super gentle yet effective on my normal to dry skin, as it doesn’t strip my face dry at all. So I believe it would also do the same with sensitive skin. The vibration is not too harsh, in fact, it is a very soft vibrate, so it definitely does no irritation to my skin. So far, my skin and I are really enjoying using it, and my face feels really clean and smooth like I just visited the beauty salon.


In my opinion, it is good to have a facial cleansing tool – whether it is a simple washcloth, a brush or any device that helps to exfoliate and better remove your makeup or any skincare product buildups. Of course, cleansing with your hands is fine but if you want to take care of your skin to a higher level, then a cleansing device can make a huge difference.

They are people saying that facial cleansing tool can be abrasive on your skin but they can also clean deep for a more thorough wash. I am far from an expert so I can only tell you how this worked for my skin and hopefully help you make a decision on whether to purchase one or not. Anyway, it is available in Sephora, so do check them out. :)


That's all for this post.
Thanks for reading!



Love,
CLYL.



You May Also Like

0 comments