The Daily Fix Cafe @ Jonker Street

by - 7:54 AM



This post has been drafting in my blog for the longest time and I am finally going to write about it. My so-called second hometown is at Malacca because I will visit Malacca at least once a year. But I have never visited The Daily Fix until recently (not so recent, actually HAHA). To be honest, I feel that this cafe is totally over-rated.

Continue read it and I will tell you why I said that.


I was so shocked to find the place crowded with people even on the weekdays! We have waited more than 30minutes just for a seat and more minutes for the food to come.




The Daily Fix is a cafe located at Jonker Street, hidden behind a souvenir store. I believe that a lot of people are familiar with this place when it comes to a cafe in Jonker Street. It has been consistently be sighted on social media due to their photogenic corners and the ambience. This has made a lot of people to visit this place and even foreigners can be seen in the cafe, since Jonker Street is one of the top tourist destination in Malacca.





Here is the back of the cafe where you will find an indoor courtyard. Every corner is decorated with vintage pieces, from benches, old tv, fan, plates and more, which bring people back in the old time in Malacca. I am loving how the vintage kaleidoscopic plates are reused as backdrops! 




Here are some of the cakes that they offered that day.

Guess what! They even have durian cake! :O 
It is one of their best sellers, but I wasn't that daring to try that. HAHA





Smoked Duck Aglio Olio (RM18.50)
Spaghetti with smoked duck, garlic, chilli flakes and olive oil.


The spaghetti is well cooked and the smoked duck is SOOO GOOD!!
Love this dish but the portion quite small la. Not sure is it because I wait until very hungry d or I do have huge appetite 😅. 





Choc Chip Pancake (RM13.90)
Comes with generous amount of chocolate chips.


To be honest, I feel a bit cheated about this because: Where got "generous amount" of chocolate chips!? If the menu didn't write that, I won't be that disappointed tho. And the chocolate sauce is only on the top part, how about the pancakes on the bottom? It was sweet at the top, but kind of tasteless when it reach bottom :(.





Local Pandan Pancake (RM13.90)
Made from 100% juicy pandan leaves extract, served with Gula Melaka and coconut.


Here comes the most raved pandan pancake! It smells very good, and taste exactly like pandan pancake (which I find nothing special, LOL). The pancake is very soft and yummy, but without the Gula Melaka coconut, I don't think I will ever order this again. I just don't understand why is it so special and everyone is recommending this out of so many dishes.


I seriously think I have expected too much 😭.





Cheesecake (RM11.90)

Decent cheesecake. But yea, nothing really special.




Rose Latte (RM11)

This is a No No for me. Still feel that Since 18's rose latte is the best.




Caramel Macchiato (RM11)

Not bad. That's all I can say.




Overall, The Daily Fix is a decent place for meal and photo, but their Pandan pancake seriously leaves me disappointed. If you asked me whether I will visit the place, I don't think so. The place is packed with diners and I would rather have traditional Nyonya food/ food from the locals that have an early taste (古早味).



The Daily Fix Cafe
55 Jalan Hang Jebat (Jonker Street), Malacca, Malaysia
Opening Hours: 9am – 11.30pm (Mon-Fri), 8.30am – 11.30pm (Sat-Sun)



Thanks for reading!



Love,
CLYL.



You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'd defo recommend their pesto pasta! Legit better than their overrated pancakes hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA IKR ! Their pancakes are SOOO overrated wei! xP

      Delete